Adel M. Alimi (IEEE Student Member’91, Member’96, Senior Member’00). He graduated in Electrical Engineering in 1990.
He obtained a PhD and then an HDR both in Electrical & Computer Engineering in 1995 and 2000 respectively.
He is full Professor in Electrical Engineering at the University of Sfax, ENIS (National Engineering School of Sfax), since 2006.
He is founder and director of the research REGIM-Lab. in intelligent Machines.
He is director of the Tunisia Erasmus+ Office, since 2018.
Prof. Alimi volunteered for several academic, research, and scientific structures and associations:
- Volunteer for the Sfax Smart City Living Lab (SSCLL), Sfax, Tunisia, founder in 2016 and chair (2016-Now)
- REGIM Research Laboratory (LR11ES48): Research Groups in Intelligent Machines, founder and chair since January 1997, ENIS, University of Sfax, Tunisia.
- University Chair of Innovation (UNCHAIN-Sfax) of the University of Sfax, Tunisia, founder in 2011 and chair (2010-2011).
Prof. Alimi Scientific Production :
- List of publications: http://regim.org/adel.alimi
- Web of Science: h index=22, Total Publications=488, Citations=2153
- Scopus: h index=33, Journal Papers =100+, Conference Papers=500+, Citations=5140
- Google Scholar: h index=39, Journal Papers=100+, Conference Papers=500+, Citations=8344
- 6 special issues editions of international scientific journals
- 20+ chapters in edited scientific books
- 100+ PhD Thesis defended
- 20+ Tunisian patents
Prof. Alimi managed funds for:
- 10+ national scientific projects (total budget: 300+ kTND)
- 20+ international scientific projects (total budget: 1.5+ M€)
Prof. Alimi volunteered for many IEEE structures:
- Senior Member (2000-Now)
- Member (1996-2000)
- Student Member (1991-1996)
- IEEE Region 8:
- Conference Coordination Subcommittee (Chair 2015-Now)